Dr. Monica L. Cummings received her Doctor of Ministry degree at the Claremont School of Theology where she studied and practiced Pastoral Counseling at the Clinebell Institute.
Dr. Cummings Podium Presentations include Co-Presentation “Meeting People Where They Are: Creatively Designing Diversity and Inclusion Programs that Eliminate Barriers for People with Marginalized Identities” at the National Association of Diversity Officers in Higher Education Conference in Washington DC, 2018, and conferences in Chicago IL., include, “The Influence of Culture on Identity Formation” at The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, Cultural Impact Conference and “The Influence of Culture and Spiritual/Religious Beliefs on Treatment Outcomes” at the Illinois Association for Multicultural Counseling Annual Spring Conference 2017.
Dr. Cummings’ published work includes:
• Facing and Embracing Fear, in Synapses: A Creative Journal of Chicago Medical School, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science.
• Bless a Stranger with a Smile and Let It Be Done, in An Anthology of Meditations: Voices from the Margins, Skinner House Books.
• Making the List, in Restored to Sanity: Essays on the Twelve Steps by Unitarian Universalists, Skinner House Books.
Dr. Cummings is a member of Spiritual Directors International, Yoga Alliance and is a . She is a former Director-At-Large for the American Association of Pastoral Counselors, and served on the Board of Directors, American Red Cross Bucks County Pennsylvania Chapter, and spent 26 months as an education and community development Peace Corps Volunteer in South Africa.
Dr. Cummings was an adjunct faculty member at Meadville Lombard Theological School, a Lecturer at Chicago Medical School, is a RYT® 200, Certified Warriors at Ease Level 1 Teacher, SAC-IT, Spiritual Guide and Reiki Master Teacher.
The Kenosha Center for Spirituality and Healing offers the following services in- person and online:
- Individual and Couple (Family) Yoga sessions
- Individual and Couple Spiritual Guidance sessions
- Recovery Coach sessions
- Reiki Healing
For more information email Dr. Monica L. Cummings at email@example.com or call 262-237-2774.